At the newly established Department of Health Technology at DTU we are currently seeking an Associate Professor in Tissue Engineering. The candidate will work within the “Biotherapeutic Engineering” section, which is dedicated to address the emerging healthcare challenges.
The section make use of an interdisciplinary toolbox consisting of various micro-and-nanotechnologies, biomaterial strategies and emerging tissue-engineering technologies to develop cell-based therapeutics, nano-drugs and various in vitro tissue models.
This position will strengthen our capabilities within the vibrant fields of bone tissue engineering, organs-on-a-chip, self-healing biomaterials and flexible bioelectronics.
Responsibilities and tasks
We are looking for a candidate who can establish his/her own unique research direction by combining electronics, biomaterials, stem cells and various micro-and nano-based technologies to develop state of the art organs-on-a-chip models and bridge the current gap between the laboratory and the clinic within the emerging field of cell-based therapeutics. It is important that the candidate have good communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), and 4-5 years of postdoctoral experience
- Document didactic/pedagogic training
- Have a strong international network
- Have demonstrated ability to attract funding
- Be able to work within a team- and collaboration-oriented research environment
- Be motivated by both individual and team accomplishments
Special notice will be given to candidates who have a proven track-record of conducting high impact research.
Specifically we are looking for a candidate that:
- Collaborate with the capacity to inspire, motivate and encourage colleagues and students
- Is curious, innovative and creative
- Strives for commercialization and licensing of research findings
- Is ambitious and have proven able to work as an independent researcher
- Wants to engage in ground breaking research
- Is able to collaborate with public and private entities
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration is given to:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be negotiated on basis of the agreed terms with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Thomas Lars Andresen, mail email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Health Tech on www.healthtech.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 5 March 2019 (local time). To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form.
The following must be attached in English:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.