The Immunobiology and Biomimetics Section at the Department of Health Technology (DTU Health Tech) of the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as associate professor in Biomimetics Engineering. The position is available from 1 April 2020 or according to mutual agreement.
The Immunobiology and Biomimetics section work at the cross-fields of materials engineering, microengineering, and cell biology to gain basic immunological understanding and to establish new diagnostics and therapeutical tools. We wish to strengthen the activities in biomimetics with focus on cell mimicry. The aim is to create, via bottom up assembly, nature-mimicking entities for tissue engineering and healthcare technology applications.
Responsibilities and tasks
We are looking for candidate who can undertake a leading role in research and research-based teaching in the biomimicry field. With this position, we will strengthen our capabilities within the vibrant fields of artificial organelles and artificial cells.
Examples of relevant specific research topics include:
- Design and assembly of multicompartment carriers as eukaryotic mimics
- Enzymatic microreactors to mimic cellular functions
- Intracellularly active micro/nanoreactors
- Red blood cell mimics
We expect you to perform research at high international level and be able to attract external funding for your research area. We also expect you to provide research-based teaching within field of research, and additionally to contribute to teaching in related topics at both basic and advanced levels.
- Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship
- Document didactic/pedagogic training
- Have obtained a well-documented research output in international recognized journals within their research field
- Have demonstrated ability to attract funding
- Have shown leadership abilities
- Have an international background
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Niels Bent Larsen, email@example.com, tel.: +45 4525 8161.
You can read more about DTU Health Tech at www.healthtech.dtu.dk/english.
Please submit your online application no later than 2 December 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.