The ’Drug Delivery and Sensor’ section at DTU Health Tech wishes to employ an associate professor within the framework of the highly interdisciplinary Center of Excellence - IDUN. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the drug delivery activities in the section, interacting with several section members working in different disciplines, such as optics, biochemistry, biology, microfluidics, pharmacology and polymer science. The job involves supervision of Ph.D. and master students.
The field of research is within microrobotics for biomedical applications. The section makes use of a toolbox consisting of among others, microdevices, various drug formulation technologies, drug delivery strategies and in vitro and in vivo models.
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for expanding our activities within microrobotics using microfabricated devices – exploring new applications and new collaborations. One possibility is to broaden our focus - to not only focus on oral drug delivery, but also explore e.g. ‘sampling’ and tissue engineering. It is expected that you will apply for own research funding, co-develop our teaching portfolio, contribute to our outreach activities, supervise and engage PhD students. It is important that you have good communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship
- Document didactic/pedagogic training
- Extensive International mobility with a strong local and international academic network
- Outstanding research and publication record in high impact journals
- Experience to liaise with commercial entities for tech transfer, regulatory etc.
- Track-record to attract external funding for cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research
- Be able to work within a team- and collaboration-oriented research environment
- Uphold equity and diversity to foster greater inclusion (relevant experience will be duly noted).
We seek a person who is in line with our IDUN values (www.idun.dtu.dk) and who is highly self-motivated and with a great flair for guiding students. Preferably, you have a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering with relevant postdoctoral experience, including teaching experience, and planning/execution of multidisciplinary research projects. You are a young leader in the research area defined below, with demonstrated research independence (grants, first/last/corresponding authorships etc.). You can see the greater picture of the section/department and align with the goals of the section. You enjoy the interaction with team members, collaborators and students. You are a good communicator, and create a positive working environment.
Specifically we are looking for a candidate that:
- Has extensive experience in biogenics and micromotors technology
- Has intensive track record within untethered microdevices for cellular manipulation (magnetic or chemical activation).
- Has multidisciplinary expertise within synthetic biology-nanomaterials-microrobotics to push frontiers in the area of healthcare MEMS.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to equity training in STEM education
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Anja Boisen, tel.: +45 4525 5727.
You can read more about DTU Health Tech at www.healthtech.dtu.dk/english.
Please submit your online application no later than 22 January 2020 (local time). Apply online via "Ansøg"
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.