Assistant professor positions in the area of energy informatics
CEI currently have open positions at the level of assistant professor with experience in the field of energy...
SDU Center for Energy Informatics (CEI) is an interdisciplinary industry-oriented research and innovation center with an international outlook. The center focuses on development of innovative ICT-based smart energy solutions that can facilitate the transition towards a sustainable energy system. The center's strategic application domains include Smart Buildings, Smart Industries, Smart Cities and Communities, Smart Energy Business Ecosystems, and Smart Energy Networks. SDU Center for Energy Informatics is part of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, and located at the main Campus in Odense.
CEI currently have open positions at the level of assistant professor with experience in the field of energy and applications of artificial intelligence (AI), mathematical modeling and optimization of multimodal energy systems and processes.
The positions are expected to be filled before October 2020 or earlier if possible. Assistant professor positions are for 3-years employment.
The research area
The research will contribute to the digital transformation of the energy sector. Topics will include methods and applications of AI to energy systems, and development of model components and modeling libraries for future multimodal energy systems using the Modelica equation-based modeling approach. The research will extend our work on AI applied to energy data, and model parameter estimation techniques and model predictive control in ModestPy and MShoot.
Profile and requirements
Applicants are required to have a relevant PhD supporting the research area. Additional relevant experience of minimum one year of postdoc researcher or equivalent is preferred. The successful applicant will be expected to carry out research and teaching at master level within the subject area as well as teaching in the general area of basic engineering at bachelor level.
Furthermore, the successful candidate
- has excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- is able to work well in an interdisciplinary team
- can contribute to current and future research projects of the center
- can plan and develop course material and execute teaching at engineering master level
- has experience with AI tools like; Google AI Platform, TensorFlow, Microsoft Azure, PyBrain
- has programming experience in e.g., Java, Python, C/C++, Modelica, Matlab
Specifically, the preferred candidate has experience with one or more of the following research areas:
- Modelica modeling and functional mockup interface
- Machine learning and optimization
- Deep learning and forecasting
- Model predictive control
- Energy network modeling
- Modeling of industrial processes
- Building energy modeling
The application must include a brief research plan of no more than 3 pages, indicating the candidates expected research for the coming 3-year period and how this work will contribute to CEI's strategic application domains and research areas listed above. Furthermore, it must indicate the applicants' competence to execute the research plan.
Further information is available by contacting Head of Center, Professor Bo Nørregaard Jørgensen, email@example.com or Vice Head of Centre, Professor Christian Veje, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of employment
Employment as an assistant professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level and is a 3-year temporary position. The employment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The assessment process
Read about the Assesment and selection process.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include:
- Motivated application
- Resarch plan as mentioned above
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Attached publication(s) documenting the relevance of the applicant's research experience. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
The application deadline is 14.05.2020.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
You can only apply for the position through our website www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger.
Your application must be registered in our system on the 14. maj 2020 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder